Sunday, January 13, 2013

A wedding and a funeral...

I was asked on Tuesday to do a wedding for a patient's daughter. The next day I was asked to do a funeral for the wife of a patient I had 2yrs ago.

I'm doing the wedding because I think the mother should see her daughter get married before she dies. I don't know what responsibility I have to the couple and the commitment they are making. I'll talk about marriage soon. The wedding is about wanting to make a mother smile in her last days...maybe I'm selfish.

Tonight I'll head over to an funeral home and meet a family...again. I don't even know the woman's name. I did husband/dad/granddads service in March 2011. Haven't spoken to the family since that day. Tomorrow I'll stand up again and offer something. Seems shallow...

No comments:

Birds, rain, and the need to create

Let's be real honest...I suck at blogging. I just refuse to find the time to do it and most of the time I have talked myself out of cert...