Thursday, February 18, 2016

Day Seven

I have written a few times about the Bible study I do at a nursing home in town. I really like my little old people, but sadly I may have to stop going. We don’t have any patients at this particular place and I spend a lot of time in Denton and Weatherford now. Downtown Fort Worth doesn’t make a lot of sense in terms of efficiency any more.

I arrived early today and decided to sit in my car and do my reading and journaling. Book reading was good, still like what she has to say and it focuses me for the day. The text was great today. It is my favorite story of Jesus I think…

13:1 Just before the Passover feast, Jesus knew that his time had come to depart from this world to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he now loved them to the very end.  13:2 The evening meal was in progress, and the devil had already put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, that he should betray Jesus. 13:3 Because Jesus knew that the Father had handed all things over to him, and that he had come from God and was going back to God, 13:4 he got up from the meal, removed his outer clothes, took a towel and tied it around himself. 13:5 He poured water into the washbasin and began to wash the disciples’ feet and to dry them with the towel he had wrapped around himself.

John 13:1-5, NET Bible


I am always impressed with the idea that Jesus washed people’s feet. I barely enjoy washing my kid’s feet and I like them way more than any of you. Yet the full extent of Jesus’ love is to get on his knees and wash some gross feet. Let’s spend an election cycle talking about feet washing and see how that goes.

No comments:

Birds, rain, and the need to create

Let's be real honest...I suck at blogging. I just refuse to find the time to do it and most of the time I have talked myself out of cert...